Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mixed Media Repurposed Art

This project is the reason that I love mixed media and repurposed art! It is my strong belief that with a little time and super strength glue, trash can be transformed into something beautiful. This is my all-time favorite project and quite a conversation piece. It proves that art does not need to be costly. I am working on creating some more mixed media collages with pieces of jewelry that were damaged, broken, or tarnished from Hurricane Katrina. For years I have held on to little sentimental objects that were damaged by the storm and I hope that through projects like this I can transform my damaged tokens into something beautiful again! So go ahead, clean out your desk drawer and turn your broken earrings and old keys into something beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment